About Robert Melton
Robert is a co-founder of Patdek Software. He's also a founder at Sane Built. He has over a decade of experience as a hands on lead developer. His experience ranges from building command centers for government agencies, real time credit reporting systems for Equifax and consumer facing products like Winamp and Inky.
He focuses on high scale projects with special attention spent to minimizing accidental complexity. His generalist background allows him focus on the evergreen underpinnings of technology. Treating hardware, operating systems, languages, frameworks, version control and development methodologies as simply tools.
I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail. -- Abraham Maslow / Abraham Kaplan
Other experience includes:
- Arcode: Led development of the Windows Native Stack and migration to actor based messaging model.
- Winamp (AOL): Led development of the Winamp Cloud project, which sadly never saw the light of day.
- IXI (Equifax): Led development of a real time credit reporting application with millions of daily requests.
- Eagle Publishing: Led development of a re-architecture of entire portfolio.
- Technology Brokerage Group: Led development team of a real time Telco pricing software stack.
- Superlative Technology: Led development team building command center software used by SS, FBI, Minnesota State Capitol Police, and other government agencies.